- The Trust will conduct rigorous due diligence, especially regarding the financial context of each school. The Trust will act in a relatively risk averse manner regarding issues raised through the due diligence process, due to the importance of the mission of Trust’s current schools in supporting vulnerable children.
- The Trust is keen to work with schools and small trusts who actively wish to join RET, rather than to acquire and take-over. If the school is in a category, then the school’s SLT and LGB will be part of the solution during the School Improvement process.
When engaging with schools looking to grow, RET will focus on engaging with:
- Schools who have approached RET – demonstrating a genuine commitment to the RET vision
- Schools with similar profiles to RET’s existing schools.
- Schools that can contribute to RET’s existing schools, for example a mainstream primary which may share resources with Ambleside Primary